Friday, May 4, 2012

Poetry

What I Want The World To Know About Me
by Sadie


I am blue,
the color of the sky and ocean.
I am a dog,
sniffing,curious about everything.
I am your brown fleece,
soft, fuzzy, warm.
I am the sound of the piano,
notes fast, slow, drifting from room to room.
I am the kitchen,
I am the room that you come to,
to bake pies,cakes,cupcakes,cookies.
I am the smell,
that wafts through the house,
The smell of baking chocolate chip cookies.
I am the striped couch,
that you sink into with a book.
I am the person who bakes,
desserts for different occasions.
I am the slippery piece of pasta,
you slurp into your mouth
and the piece of pasta twisted in your bowl.
I am the bright shining sun,
blazing high above with warmth and energy.
I am the memory of you and your dad making paella,
with spices, clams,and other ingredients.
I am the repeating dream,
the dream where you can fly,
without anything helping you,
through the clouds.

This is a poem I wrote in class for a poetry picinic that we had in school.
We taught our parents how to write poetry and shared some of the poems that we had written. This is one of my favorite ones that I wrote.



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Sadie! You're such a good writer!! xoxoMargaret

    ReplyDelete